PROM












 Completely late so apologies for that.. My year 11 prom actually took place in July. This summer has been seriously busy but amazing nonetheless but I know, excuses excuses. Either way now it's nearing the end of summer it's the perfect time for me to post all about it. So basically I feel as if i have to be brutal and give you my honest opinion of prom. I literally knew from the beginning that it's going to be a waste of money, but everyone around me seemed to be making a big deal out of it.. It's one night? Fair enough it was a nice thought, but it's obvious it would be a let down..and it was. It was okay, i'd be lying if I said I hated it. But I wouldn't let myself spend loads of money on one night, i've inherited the 'tight' gene. I cannot actually bring myself to spend a lot of money on a few things. I knew I wanted a 'different' dress, not a typical prommy dress.. I didn't want to follow the crowd and spend a lot of money doing so. SO I got my dress from eBay for £50, it was handmade and veeery old, which made trying it on harder, I didn't want to break it! Then I had to buy a petticoat, which is by far my favourite thing out of the outfit, it's so fluffy and cute! That cost 35. I braved up and I did my own makeup, which thankfully went right for once! My shoes were also of eBay for 28..and my hair cost me about 15. So all in all I think I was pretty wise with my spending, obviously it'd be easier to get it cheaper, but compared to most I barely spent anything. It paid of because I've worn the shoes again, yay! To sum up I basically think prom is a waste of money time and effort, it's a nice thought but the only way to enjoy it, is to spend less and to wear something that sets you apart from the crowd.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Alannah Newnham - Find me on Bloggers.com